27 August 2012

Mochachino Brownies

If it isn't blogged about, it didn't happen right?  Yipes, I better share with you the fact that I did some baking!!

My last three attempts at brownies have failed.  They were less a brownie and more a brownie-batter puddle.  Burnt on the outside, not cooked on the inside.  I maintain it's my oven - it's way too hot.

Anyway, this time, a new recipe and success!  I give you, my slightly tweaked version of Mochachino Brownies

Brownies
115 g butter
115 g chocolate (I used old gold)
2 tbsp strong coffee (I brewed up a Ristretto pod)
250 g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
100 g milk choc chips (original recipe said 55g of choc chips and 55 g walnuts, however my other half does not like nuts so I just added more chips)

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 C, grease and line a sqaure baking tin.
  2. Place the butter, chocolate and coffee into a saucepan and melt until smooth.  Cool slightly (I let it cool for the amount of time it took me to gather the rest of my ingredients).
  3. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and cinnamon.
  4. Mix in the flour (I continued to use my whisk) and stir in the choc chips.  
  5. Pour into the prepared tin, bake for 30-35 mins, apparently until firm but moist inside.  Mine was probably in for closer to 40, but this was purely because my oven timer didn't go off when it was supposed to.  So mine was a bit black on the top.  But it is still ridiculously moist, plus I hid the blackness with icing. 
  6. Allow to cool before icing.
Icing
115 g white chocolate
1 tbsp coffee (I had left overs from that brewed above)
2 tbsp milk
175 g icing sugar, sifted

  1. Melt white choc with milk and coffee.  
  2. Sift in the icing sugar and mix together (I used my whisk).
  3. Spread over your brownies.  My icing was quite runny, so I popped it into the fridge for a while to set a bit before using.  Then it's a lovely consistency and won't drip everwhere.
I cut mine into 25 pieces.  They're super rich, so try not to have more than say, 5 :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment