10 August 2012

FO: in which I become a model

This is a very exciting FO today.  Not so much for the FO piece itself, but for the amazing photographs.  I have a wonderfully talented friend who has agreed to become my personal photographer of my knit and crochet creations!  The plan is to pick a cool Melbourne location to nick off to during our lunch break and take some nifty piccies of my latest FO.  The location we picked for today's FO is Hosier Lane, known for the epic street art to be found there.  And without further ado, the photographic stylings of my dear friend Clara ...




And now for the boring bit, stats:
Pattern:  No pattern, I made this up.  CO a multiple of 4 and k2p2 in the round until my yarn was gone!  I wanted a big thick chunky cowl, and the yarn was far too busy for anything much more eloborate.  I would have liked it a bit shorter, but when I was casting on it just didn't seem like enough.  Still, it does the job nicely methinks, and it's stretchy and squishy.
Needles:  6.5mm (I think) ciruclars.
Yarn:  Some acylic stuff called Toscana by a mob called Fiddlesticks purchased from Big W.  The ball band tells me there was 100m per ball, I used 2 balls.  I was very surprised to discover the yarn was self striping - bonus!
Ravelled here

In the interests of full disclosure, my modelling career did not get off to a good start.  As soon as I got in front of the camera, I felt like a total nong.  How does a person pose?  What do I do with my hands?  Regular readers will know that I don't like my face.  I think it's more that I don't like my face in photographs.  I am therefore using the medium of this blog to get over my aversion to my own face.  It's like therapy.

I also need to give a shout out to my 'sylist' Lou for her invaluable contributions towards setting up the wonderful pictures seen above (and holding my stuff!).  (There she is helping me!!) xox

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots

0 comments:

Post a Comment