26 August 2012

Lazy Sunday

For the first time in a long time, I've had one.  Yes, a lazy Sunday.  With my precious free time I've finally given the old blog a bit of a refresh.

So, officially, welcome to Tanya Today!  I felt a bit restricted by My Grandmotherly Ways, because I am getting the urge more and more to blog about things a bit more varied than would fall into my previously chosen title.

Tanya Today is all about showing you what I'm up to today (not everyday mind).  Don't worry, it's likely still going to largely entail crochet and knitting.  But I have been, and will probably continue to mix it up a bit with other things.  I'm surprised how much I like to look back on my blog to see where I've been.  So the update is just to facilitate that.  You know, for posterity.

So on this lazy Sunday, I'd like to share with you my new toy.

Customary bathroom self portrait which, I understand, is essential on these occasions.  I even cleaned the mirror first. You're welcome. 
Yes, I have joined the ranks of dslr owners, so be prepared to see many, many dodgy photos in the coming weeks.  I got this one, based on a couple of reviews.  I don't know if I've done the right thing.  I got it out of the box and had a mini-panic because it seems so complicated.  But I will persevere.  I think it takes pretty nice photos even though I don't know what I'm doing.  What's an ISO?

And to conclude this post, the first for Tanya Today, and continuing the photography motif, check out this awesome graffiti I spotted down Little Collins Street on Friday:
Sorry blog land, I had to use my blackberry for this picture, but I am of the opinion that that does not detract from it's awesomeness. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment