03 April 2012

Oh stop it you!!



Aw shucks, Lisa from Tea and Craft gave me an award!  Thank youuuuuu!  I love Lisa's blog, and it's so so so lovely to think she likes me too ^_^  I've never met Lisa, but I feel we are kindred spirits (just pop over to her blog and read her 'About Me'.  Grandmotherly much?? :D)

This award also comes with the following *rules* :

  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award 
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself 
Seven things about myself, oh lordy I really don't want to bore you to tears so I'll do my best to keep it short.
  1. I LURVE Crochet (duh).  It's a bit of an obsession.  I have mini-panic attacks about not being able to do all the crochet I want.  What? I've only got ONE lifetime to do all these projects?? Sweet Jesus!
  2. I used to hate cats.  I don't even know the reason why.  I begged and begged my parents for a dog for the longest time.  Now I'm the totaly opposite, and couldn't imagine life without The Kitten *Shameless Plug:  see the bottom of this post for details about how you can participate in Caturday!!*
  3. This is what a gratuitous photo looks like.
  4. I swear a lot.  If you hang around me too long, you will start dropping a lot more F-bombs than you ever have in your life.  It's very contagious.
  5. I don't have my driver's licence.  I'm 28 years old.  Most people find this fact abhorrent. 
  6. I don't approve of marriage and/or weddings.  I find the whole topic unsavoury and out of date.  Everything from engagements, to the ceremony to stupid fluffy dresses.  Ugh.  I will never get married.
  7. I got my love of crafting from my mum (didn't we all?).  She used to make everything from our clothes, porcelin dolls and wedding cakes.  But I learned to crochet, and am now teaching her :D
  8. Speaking of teaching crochet, I have two "students", whom I refer to as my Crochet Biatches (R and Ang).  They are my work colleagues, who I encouraged to pick up the hook about 11 months ago.  We now have regular crochet meetings during our lunch breaks, and it tickles me pink to have wonderful friends to be able to chat with about granny squares, trebling, scarves and shawls!  I picked up the hook not knowing anyone else who engaged in the craft, and it's so so important to have people around you to chat with, and for that I am very grateful to have my Crochet Biatch Club.
And now, the 15 blogs I am passing this award on to, in no particular order:
Now, go get yourself a cup of tea and a biscuit, put your feet up and hopefully find yourself a new favourite blog (or two, or three) to read!!

***CATURDAY***
I'm trying to start a *thing*.  I don't really know the rules around these things, but because I love The Kitten so much, I always want to share her awesomeness with those around me!  So, every Saturday will be Caturday at My Grandmotherly Ways.  Every Caturday I will post a picture of The Kitten, and maybe some other feline related stuff.  I will add a widget which will allow you to link up with me, so you too may participate in Caturday and show us your furbabies!! Hope to see you back here on Sat.... er... Caturday!!

7 comments:

  1. oh thank you Tanya :)
    how lovely to be included in your list of blogs to receive the award x
    there are a few blogs listed here I haven't visited before so will enjoy looking, thank you for sharing their links. Hope you have a lovely week, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, I love that little comic at the top! ^_^ And I know exactly what you mean with #1! So many projects, so little time ... >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks :)

    By the way, I'm 28 and don't have a driver's license either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you for this! I really, really appreciate it. And I do believe I'll be on board with the Caturday project, since I've four kittehs to brag about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, thank you! My first ever blogging award! I'll get on it as soon as possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the award :) I really appreciate you giving me it :D

    ReplyDelete