14 September 2012

fo: layette the second

Finished!  Good old Ravelry tells me I started the baby blanket for this set on 10 August.  I wove in the last end and added the last button on 9 September.  So this set took me less than a month!  I am truly the crochet master!!

Ahem.

So my sister is having a baby.  She is due tomorrow.  Tomorrow people!!  I'd always intended to make her something, especially after the success of my last layette.  But time just got away from me, and I really had to push (see what I did there?) to get this done in time. 

But I did get it done!  I posted it to her earlier this week (she's two States away), and I had a great phone call from her the next day.  Happy recipients are the best thing ever.  I really do love being able to do something when it is appreciated so much.  This sister is learning to crochet too, so her comments were just gorgeous, for example 'the caridigan has no seams, how did you do that?'.  Awww

Anyway, check out my extensive range of gratuitous photos!!

This set comprises:
A blanket, my pattern, ravelled here.






Two cardigans, one small, one a bit bigger to accomodate growing baby, ravelled here and here.



Two beanies, my pattern, one small and one a bit bigger to match the cardis, ravelled here and here


One pair of booties, ravelled here (Only made one pair :( shameful!  but look how versatile!  cuffs up? cuffs down?)

 Yarn used was Bendigo Woollen Mills 4ply cotton.  Check my projects pages for all the deets, like measurements and yardage.  I didn't want to bore you here, but I took care to measure everything before it left.  Even though I have no babies, it was hard to part with this set.


-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots

2 comments: