20 March 2013

you don't even know

how excited I am about this shawl.

It hasn't come that far.  I'm finding tunisian crochet super slow.  But at the same time, the rows are much thicker, so it's like you're completing 4-rows-in-1, so it's probably not that slow.

I'm up to row 8, the dreaded shells.  It took a good while of staring intently at the pattern to decipher what it was going on about.  I was on the train, I had to pause my audiobook, such was my concentration.  Another hour at home, some paper and pen to math it out (with guideance of much cleverer Ravelers than me).  As of this morning's commute I had completed the first shell!  Success!  It's going to be so very beautiful when it's done, I'm looking forward to wearing it proudly.


Oh, I purchased a new crochet hook special for this project.  The red one I was using wasn't gliding through the yarn in the way I liked.  Plus it was red, and something in me said I can't use a red hook with red yarn.  There's a law against that isn't there?  This one seems to have a matt finish, and feels much more suitable to the silky silk.


Linking to- WIP Wednesday (Tami's Amis) | WIP Wednesday (Ambassador Crochet) | Yarn Along (Small Things) | Keep Calm and Craft On {Crafting on} (Frontier Dreams) | What you doing Wednesday (SusanD1408 Crochet Addict) | Hookin on Hump Day (My Merry Messy Life) | Muster Party (Fluster Buster)

18 comments:

  1. Oooo, it looks so pretty! Those colours are wonderful and I think it will look lovely on you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I also like the color. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice! I really need to do a Aiobhi Ni pattern someday. They are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, I like the colour

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous! I just knit a shawl for my niece recently, and it was so much fun! I will be doing another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous color and yarn!Thanks so much for sharing. Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a super shawl, the colour is gorgeous!!! I'm new to crochet; tunisian crochet is really pretty. Have a creative wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks lovely so far! I am totally in love with that pattern, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crocheting might seem slow, but the effect is beautiful! The shawl looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful, and the colour of yarn is stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THis looks great!!!! I think I may have to try that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous! That type of crochet is so attractive, it looks so complicated too. The color is beautiful as well, I cannot wait to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the most complicated things I have attempted to date!

      Delete
  14. love that yarn and the shawl is coming together nicely! lovely work.

    ReplyDelete