18 March 2013

Hanging rock

So I visited Hanging Rock last month.  It's only half an hour away from me, so it's a bit shameful that I'd never actually visited just for the sake of visiting.  It's a flippin' Australian icon is what it is, though I haven't read/seen the book/film that made it famous either. 

It was a fairly miserable rainy day.  Made for some nice atmos though.  Still getting used to my camera.  'Scuse the rudimentary photography skills.  But look!  Mysterious rocks!







And topically, y'all may know that I'm right into sending postcards.  I'm expanding my interest by making my own!  My appetite for variety is just not satisfied by a lot of the tacky cards you get at those tourtisty places.  Here's my very first card, made using the very sophisticated Zazzle.  Here's my new Zazzle store.
And finally, in other Hanging Rock news, my next fun run is Run the Rock!  Awesome or what? 

~Tan


4 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous! Isn't exploring a new place surrounded by nature one of the best things about living? Looks like you are giving yourself an edge for the next run too, you'll know the area better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the trip was part recon!

      I'm really trying to make an effort to explore my local area - you never really know what's in your own backyard!

      Delete
  2. How can you apologise for these photos. They are so fantastic. Your whole blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, what a kind thing to say! <3

      Delete