13 March 2013

yo


Great progress made on my very own Ripple and my Spidey Hat.
I have one more shade of purple to add to the ripple before I need to repeat a colour.  Twelve colours total, and I'm totally digging them all together.  Even A commented positively on the colour combo, so I'm giving myself extra brownie points.  I'm trialling (well, I say trialling but I'm just using it) this method of a chainless starting dc (tr, whatevs) and am really liking the results.  The edge is beautifully straight, and there's none of that pesky crocheting into your starting chain, which is one of my least favourite things to do ever.

Need a line ruled?  Well, with my wonderful blanket edge, that will not be a problem! 
Spidey Hat had a bit of a time-out, because a phantom yo had inserted itself into a previous row, and I had to be in the mood to un-knit (de-knit?) it.  Back on track now.  Am completely at peace with the mistake I spoke about last week, and am looking forward to cooler (much much cooler) weather to wear this piece.  I seldom get cold enough to don a hat, but I am prepared to overheat myself for this baby.

Also, I should mention that Melbourne is experiencing a record heat wave at the moment.  NINE CONSECUTIVE DAYS ABOVE 32C.   What does that mean?  It's hotter than balls, that's what!  And here's me crocheting blankets and talking about wearing hats.

Linking to- WIP Wednesday (Tami's Amis) | WIP Wednesday (Ambassador Crochet) | Yarn Along (Small Things) | Keep Calm and Craft On {Crafting on} (Frontier Dreams) | What you doing Wednesday (SusanD1408 Crochet Addict) | Hookin on Hump Day (My Merry Messy Life)


26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! very much looking forward to working on it in much more sensible weather so i can be nice and snuggly.

      Delete
  2. The blanket is great - that *is* a lovely edge - and I think you are mad to be working with yarn in that heat!!!!!

    Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mad... or committed to the crochet cause? ;)

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you are sipping some refreshing, cool iced tea, whilst knitting the winter woolies? Wouldn't mind some of that warmth here right now :)
    Love the Spidey Hat!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you've inspired me to look up iced tea recipes, I've never actually made it before!

      *sending you our hot weather with the power of my mind* take it please!

      Delete
  4. That ripple is awesome! And the hat is very cool too! I have a hard time ripping things out if I make a mistake. Sometimes I just try to fix it and let it have a bit of an imperfection :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed another mistake last night... like 10 rows down. i am totally happy to live with it :)

      Delete
  5. Both are beautiful! I love the blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work on the ripple and the hat. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat is so intricate! Just look at those wonderful cables, it must be a lot of fun to knit. The Ripple is looking fantastic as well, you always make me which I could crochet better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh pretty ripple, I can't wait to get to that stage in my crochet!! Cute hat too. Have a creative wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice on the colors of the ripple..Our snow just melted but we are do more the weekend...must be hard to crochet that ripple when it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. un-knit? de-knit? or TINK! Whatever you call it, it's no fun!

    Love the ripple. Crocheting into the first chains is also one of my least favourite things ever, so I'm going to have to investigate this chainless starting DCs ... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely give it a go, i think it's worth the effort!

      Delete
  11. The blanket is great! I loe those colours. I just saw that YouTube video this morning and I'm going to give go as soon as I can, your blanket edge is perfect using that trick :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely recommend the extra effort, i'm very happy with the result so far :)

      Delete
  12. LOVE the ripple, but am not understanding what you mean about the edge. Normally I chain 2 (even though directions usually say 3...I think it gives a smoother finish), then dc in next chain. I don't stitch into the starting chain?

    http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2013/03/crocheting-and-knitting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I mean is, on the next row when you come back to where you started the previous row, your last stitch is generally into the 3rd ch of the beginning 3ch (which counts as a dc/tr). In your case I assume you'd be crocheting into the 2nd ch.

      With the method I describe, the pseudo-beginning dc/tr is like a stitch, so much easeir to crochet into.

      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  13. Love the hat with a little of everything to keep it interesting.
    Pretty colours in the ripple. So glad the temp has taking a downward turn.
    Enjoy your woolly goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What I mean is, on the next row when you come back to where you started the previous row, your last stitch is generally into the 3rd ch of the beginning 3ch (which counts as a dc/tr). In your case I assume you'd be crocheting into the 2nd ch.

    With the method I describe, the pseudo-beginning dc/tr is like a stitch, so much easeir to crochet into.

    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out really well! You've got some great knitting talent here! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your colour combination looks awesome, and I am so impressed with that straight edge! ^_^ I hope it cools down over there for you soon! (It actually rained here yesterday, which was amazing - I can't wait for cooler weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blanket and the hat is going to be amazing !

    ReplyDelete