08 March 2013

smashed

I smashed the 8km in run #3 Brooks Sunset Series!  Go me!  I participated in the whole series, and wrote about races #1 and #2 here.

Race #3:  Princes Park, 6 Mar, 8kms


Result:  1.08.54.1
Overall Place:  692
Freebies obtained:  None!  Ripped off!

Another warm run!  It was around 30C at 7pm I think.  But the good news is that I RAN THE WHOLE WAY!  YAAAAYYY!  Beat the time of my first run too (and crossed the finish line before Rhon... hahahahah!!).   I also had enough in the tank to do a mad sprint across the finish line.  Really wanted to vomit but managed to keep my composure. 

Princes Park was a nice location, very shady so helped with the heat.  And this time Rhon and I had matching uniforms!  Well, almost matching.  We didn't get our team logo ironed on to Rhon's top in time.  But we will be fully prepared for next race.  Even so, we got some great commentary by the announcer as we crossed the finishing line a la here come the ladies in pink! 



Here we are again, hamming it up for the cameras mid-race.  

Rhonda, the female equivalent of Ridiculously Photgenic Guy.
Eight kilometres is officially my bitch.

Here's a closer look at our logo (designed by A):


What's next?  Glad you asked!  We're doing the 5km Sunfest run.  A shorter distance, but we're going to run harder! Wish me luck (not that I need it :P)

~Tan

9 comments:

  1. Wow Tanya ... Great job, you are doing wonderful. I wish to run on a race someday...but I don't really run. I walk and job ah, ah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 'run' is really just a jog... I'm not sure what the difference is between running and jogging really. I'm calling it running though!

      if I can do it, anyone can!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I love running :) I know the 'think I'm gonna puke but really want to sprint the last few metres feeling too! I've not taken part in a race yet, but maybe some day.... Good luck for the next one, not that you need it ;) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. racing is fantastic, i really like to have something to work towards. Highly recommended :D

      Delete
  3. You are going to run even faster? Whew, I get tired just thinking about it! I'm so glad to hear that you are continue to run and enter these events, it is obviously a very positive thing in your life! Congrats on doing so well on this one, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely trying to improve my pace - there were people out there WALKING faster than my run! lol

      Thanks :D

      Delete
  4. Oh hey, congrats! That's an awesome achievement! One day, I'll be as cool as you. Until then, if you see me running, you better start running, too. Cause...I'm probably running from something that'll kill me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you better practice running so you CAN run from something chasing you :D

      remember rule 1 in zombieland: Cardio!! XD

      Delete
  5. Awesome! Congratulations! I love reading other knitters who run (or runners who knit).

    ReplyDelete