29 January 2014

FO: perfect(?) pleats skirt

Look what I made!

There are definitely flaws, but hey, wearable and I think it looks quite shmick.


And no pattern!  I used this tutorial for a DIY skirt, but I departed from the instructions at the zip because I thought it was weird to cut into the fabric to make a zip?  Instead I did the pockets and invisible zip from Simplicity 2215.  A clasp thingy (technical term) to secure the waistband and blind hem stitch and she was done!


The fabric makes the pleats difficult to see, but I didn't think more pictures were necessary.  I'm quite pleased with the final result.  I really like the style, but I think I'd like to try these pleats next time.

Pattern:  DIY Perfect Pleats skirt, modified.
Fabric:  About 1.3m of cotton sateen bought on sale at Clegs.
Notions: 25cm invisible zip, metal clasp thingy.
New skills acquired:  Making a skirt without a pattern!  And the first time I used my overlocker, which I absolutely love.

~Tan


3 comments: