02 February 2014

FO: Circle skirt

My first circle skirt!

I'm on the skirt-making-without-a-pattern train at the moment.  Not that circle skirts are rocket science or anything. In an case, I used the directions from Cotton and Curls.

Circle skirts are pretty rad, but wow the amount of fabric swirling around is intense.  I'm very happy with this make, my favourite yet!






I used this tutorial for hemming the skirt, which I think worked a treat! There was no way I was doing that sucker by hand.


And did you notice those trees?  These photos were taken at City Square, which has been yarn-bombed by Yarn Corner.


Many thanks to Lulu for taking the photos!

Pattern:  Instructions for DIY Midi skirt from Cotton and Curls.
Fabric:  Something? from Rathdowne Fabrics.  It was $6.50/m and I think I'm pretty sure it's polyester.  It has a bit of stretch.  I think it turned out a perfect match of this pattern.
Notions:  25cm invisible zip

~Tan


4 comments:

  1. Omg, gorgeous! The skirt looks pretty good too! ~___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, you're really inspiring me to pull out my sewing machine. You're on a roll girl! This is a beautiful project and you wear it well. Love what you're doing with your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out really nice. I wanna make one!

    ReplyDelete