27 February 2013

old and new




Bought this yarn (Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8ply) almost a year ago, and finally putting it to it's intended use!  Hoping to add a couple of colours a week, and might just have a blanket to snuggle under by winter.  

Old:  Moose

Well, maybe not that old, started last month.  Just need to make one more leg and the antlers, and put mr moosey together.  Oh god putting amigurumi together is the absolute worst.  Lets hope I don't screw it up.  

Linking to- WIP Wednesday (Tami's Amis) | WIP Wednesday (Ambassador Crochet) | Yarn Along (Small Things) | Keep Calm and Craft On {Crafting on} (Frontier Dreams) | What you doing Wednesday (SusanD1408 Crochet Addict) | Hookin on Hump Day (My Merry Messy Life)


9 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the post when you started the moose... Can't wait to see it done :)
    I love ripple blankets ... I have one going ... It's about 1/3 of the way. Wishing for it to be done by spring... Maybe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wont be done thisweek, but hopefully next week!

      I've found the ripple to be very addictive so far. Haven't been able to put it down today!

      Delete
  2. I love the colours you've used in that blanket - they look great together! I really like amigurumi but I really dislike putting them together ... but I am sure you will do it wonderfully and Mr Moosey will look amazing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God putting amis together are the worst!!

      You should see my blanket now. Already added 4 more colours :)

      Delete
  3. A moose - what fun. But, yes, the assembly is always a bit rough. I have been wanting to start a ripple blanket, but first I must finish the one I am knitting. And asemble the granny square one I worked on last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - looking forward to seeing the finished moose. Good luck with the assembly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moose's legs look adorable. He's going to be very sweet! I hope he comes together exactly as you hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what has always kept me from amigurumi, I think it would be a huge disaster for me. But you look like you've got the situation well under control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you say about putting together an amigurumi: I always feel that it will go wrong. Good luck with that moose.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-78/

    ReplyDelete