22 February 2013

Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it.


Ok, this should be the last baby item for a while... but then I have a family friend due in two months.  Should I?  Shouldn't I?  Watch this space.

This is the final part of the set / bonanza (see here and here) that I gifted my friend's new baby.  I whipped this up super quick the minute I found out it was a girl.  (I had to start this set in geneder-neutral green before she fessed up the sex).  Unfortunately didn't have enough of the pink and cream, hence the slighly frankenstein outcome of using all my bits of scrap cotton 4ply.  I still think it's cute!


Pattern: the cardigan from the creatively named Crochet Baby Set #106
Ravelled here. My fifth incarnation of this pattern.  It just turns out so lovely, not all stiff and gross like a lot of crochet garments can be.
Yarn:  Good ol' Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton 4ply in parchment, pink rose and daffodil.
Hook: 3mm

{{title today is courtesy of random google searching 'funny quotes about babies' and landing here.  It is apparently a  Marshall McLuhan quote}}

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots

8 comments:

  1. Sweet and lovely! And such a funny post title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little sweater. I've never seen a pattern like that. I'm sharing a knitted dolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should. Definitely. :-D Baby knits are so fun to work on, and they're all completely adorable, this little jacket included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute, and the button colour ties it all together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cardigan it's just lovely!!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-45/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This baby sweater is cute! Found your blog at petals to picot:)

    ReplyDelete