14 February 2013

A loud noise at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other

More baby things!  Gifted to same baby as last week.

Aren't neutrals so fashionable right now?  Or was that last season?  Gosh darn it, fluros are in now aren't they?

Here we have more cotton.  But you know what, as much as cotton didn't really do it for me when crocheted, it is wonderful to knit with.  I didn't get sore wrists.  And the resulting fabric is luscious.  These items came out very soft and squishy.  Not particularly stretchy, but that could be due to lack of ribbing etc.  Who knows, not me certainly.  I'm very happy with these items, even though they are not without error.  They will probably not fit at the same time, but that look at those buttons.  aww.

Anyway, I think miss baby will be very fashionable in this set.




Ravelled here, here and here
Patterns:  Here we have Gnome Baby, Pebble (Henry's Manly Cobblestone-Inspired Baby Vest) and Mary Jane Booties
YarnBendigo Woollen Mills (duh) 8ply cotton in latte (I don't know whose latte is that colour, but I'd be sending it back if a beverage of this hue was served to me)
Needle:  3.5mm.  Half a size too big for the booties, so they aren't as structured as they probably should be.  Live and learn, those are the first booties I've ever knit.  AND..  **that vest is the first garment I have ever made** WHEEEEEEE!!!  Very pleased, however there were a billion ends to weave in.  Grosss.

{{Another quite, courtesy of googling.  This time Ronald Knox}}

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots

15 comments:

  1. What a cute set! I adore the buttons! ^_^

    And well done on your first knitted garment! Yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST. I allow up to 3 links each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous set, I love the buttons you've chosen too. What a lucky baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those buttons are fabulous. The outfit is going to be so cute on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tanya, those are great! She will look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute. I love the buttons. The baby is going to be adorable in the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! And those buttons are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little babe who receives these will definitely be very fashionable! I think neutrals are always in for babies. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute projects!!

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado-35/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely set! And the buttons are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it ...so pretty and elegant. I just found your blog and love your projects. So fun and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous set. Love the neutral yarn. Latte or soon to be latte? Really nice color regardless of its misleading name.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute set and I love the buttons! I'd send back a latte if it were that colour too :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete