31 August 2013

Fin: Miette

Huzzah I finished my Miette!

Huzzah it fits!

Huzzah I think it actually looks ok!

Huzzah no more purling for a little while!

I can't explain this face
Or this one
this is what it looks like when I am picking cat hair out of my knitting while posing.


I made this as part of a Handmaker's Factory KAL, but found the most help with this pattern here, really great bunch of pages put together for a previous Miette KAL (organised by yellowbird - here is her Miette).

Pattern: Miette by Andi Satterlund
A quite well written pattern, probably let down a bit by my sub-standard knitting skills (I mean, look how uneven my stockinette is.  ugh purling).  Also probs my yarn choice, being a lighter weight than called for in the pattern, the lace on the collar/sleeves is not as pronounced.  Even so, I managed to get an actual wearable garment out of it!  Not bad eh?  Further details on mods etc on my Rav project page.

Yarn:  Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8ply in Lime.  Do not make something that touches your skin with this yarn.  I have skin like an elephant but this is ITCHY.  Softened up a bit on washing, but may do a conditioner soak to try to coax it to be softer still.

Ravelled here and uploaded to Handmaker's Factory here.

~Tan

p.s. I might torture you by blogging this again if I can ever photograph the damn thing true to colour.  I'm thinking a photoshoot at La Belle Miette?  It's not about the macarons, I swear... it's about the knitting...

-Linking with-
Tami's Amis FO Fridays | Fiber Arts Fridays at Wisdom Begins in Wonder | Natural Suburbia for Creative Fridays | I've Made Friday at SusanD1408 Crochet Addict | I ♥ Fridays at Petals to Picots


7 comments:

  1. Looking great, Tanya! The jumper looks pretty awesome too! ~__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha funny :D

      yes jumper! endlessly looking through knitting patterns has me calling it a 'sweater' a lot :O

      Delete
  2. I knew you could do it!!!!! Looks and fits so well! Well done Tanya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks terrific! Well done :)

    xo Leisl aka Jorth aka Handmaker's Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give yourself a pat on the back because knitting an entire sweater is an accomplishment! Doesn't it feel great when you finally bind off those last few stitches and you are happy with the way it turns out, so exciting! It's beautiful and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous!It fits you perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy knitting!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete