25 August 2013

A very FOXY KAL

Hey there!! I am very excited to announce that my very good bloggy friend Lisa and I will be hosting our very first KAL together!!!!!

I was intially inspired by Lisa's uber cute selfie of herself modelling a cute beanie at her local Target. I too rushed down to my Target to do the same.


After looking at the construction of these hats, and also not seeing anything else similar on Ravelry, Lisa and I decided to put together patterns of our own and invite you to knit or crochet your own version with us this September.


Lisa has created a crochet version, and I have worked up a knitted version. Both are suited to beginner knitters or crocheters, both are made flat and seamed together. We recommend adding the foxy features post-completion. The knitted version (on Ravelry here) comes with both written and charted instructions. What's more, we're feeling pretty relaxed about the whole KAL thing, so we're happy for you to choose one of our patterns and make the same exact hat, make your own alterations/embellishments or even knit or crochet along with a different fox pattern altogether (so long as it is flat and seamed)! We don't mind! Creativity is encouraged!


Our patterns will be released for free generally after the KAL, but will be made exclusively available to KAL participants from 1 September.

Interested in making your very own foxy hat? Please sign up for the KAL at our special Ravelry group.

The KAL is scheduled to start on 1 September 2013 (a Sunday) and finish on 6 October 2013 (also a Sunday).  Lisa and I are both in Australia (albeit on different sides) so we'll be working in Aussie time.

All participants signing up get these great printable gift tags made by Lisa (they will be sent to you with the pattern on 1 September)!

One participant who finishes and posts a picture of their FO by 6 October will receive the pictured fantastic prize of yarn and foxy goodness!!


We also have some minor prizes we are planning on giving away. These may include things like yarn and badges, and will be given out on highly objective bases, such as 'creativity' and 'participation'. You have been warned!

So what are you waiting for? Head on over to the FOXY KAL Ravelry group and sign up!

~Tan


P.S. Here's some lovely html for you if you would like to put a link to the FOXY KAL on your blog!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gravy. I wish I could still knit to make that incredibly cute hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a fox hat! Thanks for designing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both very adorable! I love how you have a crochet and knitted version so that everyone can join in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate anyone to be left out. I'm definitely going to be crocheting Lisa's version, which I think is superior to mine anyway!

      Delete
    2. No way! Yours is super cute, and so professional looking! ^__^

      Delete
  4. Really clever - the boxy construction looks exactly like ears when worn. And yes, I agree with Hazel's Crochet; it's nice to see crochet and knit patterns to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I'm definitely playing along - so excited!!! The hats are both super cute :D Have a creative weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome hats! I'd love to participate in the CAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hats are delightful. I love how different the two interpretations of the same hat are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I love how lisa and i both kind of modelled the hats similaly - totally not staged i swear!

      Delete
  8. Love, love the knitted one. I'm coming over now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is sooo great! I'm joining in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! My son-in-law loves foxes and this is the perfect hat for him. I definitely will be joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable hats! I'm sure these will be very popular, I might make one myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. These hats are super-cute! If I wasn't already making a Minion hat for my little boy, I'd make a fox one for him!

    Angela xx
    Little Apple Tree

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Which one should I choose.... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! This is a post on my blog for the CAL: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-109/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete