Very slow progress with my dahlia. Although looking at the bead count, whoa! Better than I thought, but so so much to go!
I am going to try to do a bit of a pattern with the beads, so I started with adding them to all 5 trebles of the shell, the next row I've added them to the 1st, 3rd and 5th trebles of the shell, and the next row I will add them to the 3rd treble only. Then I will reverse the process, increasing the amount of beads per row. They are so tiny, barely noticeable. Thank goodness for close up photography!
Last week, Calophi asked when I am putting the beads on the stitches. I slip the bead onto the stitch when I have 3 loops on the hook (so after yo, draw a loop through), then I complete the treble as per usual. So the beads are at the bottom of the stitch. I hope they stay where they're told!
The 'body' of the shawl currently measures 12". It needs to be 21" before I start the edging, and the rows are only going to get longer....
|oooOOoooo so artistic! LOL|
Check out more WIPs at Tami's Amis!