21 October 2014

Apple cinnamon muffins

I used to looooovvveeeee baking.

Now, I can really not be bothered.

I like eating the things but the making of the things doesn't seem worth it.

Unless it's easy.

Unless it's quick.

Here is a recipe I have tried.  You only need one bowl.  There is no creaming of the butter and sugar (which is like, the worst).  They are delicious.  They have fruit in them, so they are healthy.  It is not my recipe, I am literally copying it for you from the source (here), with my mods.

apple cinnamon muffins

Ingredients

  • 300g (2 cups) plain flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 150g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
  • 2 medium (about 375g) Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, chopped 
  • 125g butter or margarine, melted, cooled
  • 2 eggs, lightly whisked
  • 185mls (3/4 cup) milk

The recipe also calls for raisins, but gross no way.

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare your ingredients. You will need 12 medium (125mls/ 1/2 cup) muffin pans. Line the pans with paper muffin cases because this is easiest and less mess and you can get pretty polka dot cases from Coles. 
  2. Put the plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar and apples  until well combined.
  3. Whisk together the butter or margarine, eggs and milk until well combined. 
  4. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Apparently it gets tough if you mix too much *shrug*
  5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pans.
  6. Bake the muffins in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
The recipe says they keep for 1 day, but I have eaten them all week long and they are still tasty.  Don't hate.


MMmmMmmMmmmm

~Tanya

1 comment:

  1. Yum, they look good! I laughed when I saw this post though, because I just made some apple and cinnamon cupcakes! It's a good combo ~___^

    ReplyDelete