Although, I do like looking back to see my projects grow. I even feel quite chuffed with myself.
These last few weeks, I have had only small amounts of quality time with my yarn. Usually about 30 minutes during the morning commute, and a bit on the weekends. That being said, here's my latest.
Crochet: Stepping Stones Cardi
Totally mindless crochet. I'm about 1.5 balls in (keeing in mind that the bwm yarn I am using comes in 200g balls). I totally thought it was going to be too big and was dreading the prospect of frogging 484 metres of work... but when you get to the bit where you divide the work for the arm holes, it magically becomes the right size. The armholes still seem a bit wide at the moment, but I reserve my final judgment until completion.
|Black is so hard to photograph. You get the gist though.|
|garter garter garter|
In one of my first posts when I began participating in yarn along, I was reading the 6th Skulduggery Pleasant book. Then I went back to the start of the series and listened to the audio books all the previous books in the series. So by coming full circle, I mean that as at today I have finished listening to Death Bringer. It was read by a different person again which is super annoying. Though it was nice to re-experience all 6 books in quick succession. My mind is like a sieve, and I forget half of the things that happen in a book as soon as I put it down. All I am generally left with is a vague impression of whether I liked it or not. So, re-reading all these books has been like reading them for the first time!
|The sparrow flies south for the winter.|
And for your enjoyment, a few of my favorite quotes from this installment:
- Skulduggery: For future reference this is my serious face. (It's funny because he has no face! LOL)
- Skulduggery: Are you in awe of me?
- Skulduggery (about Valkyrie): My loyal and trustworthy combat accessory
- Skulduggery: I cross the place where my heart use to be and hope to be deader than I already am.
- Skulduggery: Look at the face I don't have and tell me if it looks like I care. (Again, he has no face!!)
- Gordon Edgley: ...a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a cardigan.
- Skulduggery: Embrace your inner lunatic, fun times guaranteed.
|SQUEEEEEE!! (Alongside my failed attempt at taking a pretty yarn-along picture!)|
As per usual, more WIPs at Tami's Amis and Yarn Along at Small Things.