I finished this baby the Tuesday before the Sunday wedding. I gave it to the bride-to-be on the Thursday, and I was super relieved that she was happy.
Ravelled here, but final stats are:
Weighs just over 100g. Around 1000m I believe. Ms Gusset is obviously very generous with her yarns, as I still have a bit left over from one skein!
|Highly scientific and accurate weighing mechanism.|
Blocked: 65” top and 34” deep.
The pattern said to block it to 70", but I couldn't get mine to stretch that far. In any case, 5" is not very much.
I already posted (a rather crappy) picture of it unblocked, so here it is blocking/blocked:
|Edging detail. I estimate I used about 100 pins to block this sucker!|
|The Kitten always gets in my crochet shots!|
And the best pictures of them all! I think the shawl, and of course my friend, looked stunning. These photos looks like they were from a magazine!
In conclusion, I am really happy with the result, and was very relieved that my friend loved it so much. We both agree it was perfect.
I'm so jealous, now I really want one!!
More photos on my Flickr!