18 September 2013

Quarter

I may not have blogged about crafting recently, but I assure you there is tonnes going on. Not a day goes by that I don't get some crafting in.

I'm trying to be project monogamous at the moment. Hanami is a wedding gift for a dear friend, and by George it will be complete on time! It has taken me a while to become confident with the pattern, but after 5 repeats of the basket weave chart, I'm feeling good. Not don't-need-a-pattern good but I-can-tell-if-I've-fucked-up good. And that's a thing.


I'm enjoying watching it grow, and now that I have worked on it conistently, it has grown quite quickly. I couldn't imagine it as a scarf before, but now it's about a quarter done I'm feeling optimistic and confident that this piece will be one of the most beautiful I've ever made. Can you tell I'm pleased with myself?

~Tan

p.s. Before posting I looked up to see where the exclaimation "by George!" came from. Because I'm nerdy like that. You're welcome.

Linking to- WIP Wednesday (Tami's Amis) | WIP Wednesday (Ambassador Crochet) | Yarn Along (Small Things) | Keep Calm and Craft On {Crafting on} (Frontier Dreams) | What you doing Wednesday (SusanD1408 Crochet Addict) | Hookin on Hump Day (My Merry Messy Life)



3 comments:

  1. Looking good, Tanya! I love the subtle variations in the yarn you're using ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a very intricate pattern. Sure it will be stunning when you have finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool work and thanks for looking up "by George" because if you hadn't posted the link I would have looked it up too :-)

    ReplyDelete